Petrosoft’s founder is a retail operator and engineer who initially developed a cloud-based back-office software solution in 2002. Today, the company provides a platform, integration options, software, hardware, and services. These solutions are designed to take advantage of advances in technology, address changes in consumer demand, and enable seamless connections within today’s retail ecosystem.
We are currently seeking a Database Architect to join our fast-growing, dynamic and remote team.
The candidate will be responsible for designing, building and managing our large and complex database systems based on mySQL, ElasticSearch.
The role also involves building/managing ETL processes, performance tuning, administration and maintenance of the development and production database servers. Prior experience working with relational data in the billion row range will be required.
• Architecture, data modeling and stored function development.
• Assist installation, deployment and backup operations.
• Safeguard data integrity and security in all existing databases and data exchange technology.
• Support development, QA and production activities.
• Generate and maintain documentation of data store architectures, configurations, operations, and maintenance.
• Demonstrated ability to design and sustain high-performance data analysis solutions.
• Solid understanding of database architectures and data modeling.
• Practical experience in performance tuning, monitoring and configuring database servers for high availability and scalability.
• Results-oriented, enjoy solving complex problems and implementing cutting-edge solutions.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a subject matter expert of information and advice.
• 5+ years of enterprise database experience and at least 2 years expressly with mySQL.
• 5+ years’ experience building enterprise data models, data flow diagrams and doing behavioral data analytics.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.